In line with the Hon’ble Prime Minister’s goal of reducing import dependency on oil and gas by 10% by 2022 and to promote ease of doing business in the oil and gas sector in India, the Government of India announced the new Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy (HELP). HELP will replace the earlier New Exploration Licensing Policy (NELP) that has been applicable since 1997-98. This policy aims to augment domestic production of Petroleum and expedite the appraisal of Indian sedimentary basins by providing Investors a ready access to huge amount of Geoscientific data available in National Data Repository (NDR), flexibility to carve out exploration acreages through an open acreage licensing process and increased operational autonomy through a new Revenue Sharing model.
Four main facets of HELP policy.
- Single License for Exploration and Production of all forms of Hydrocarbons
- An Open Acreage Licensing Programme
- Easy to administer Revenue Sharing Model and
- Marketing and Pricing Freedom for Crude Oil and Natural gas Produced.
HELP has Open Acreage Policy as one of the major constituent. It allows bidder to have access to geoscientific data through National Data repository (NDR) to make assessment of the prospectivity of any area and propose their own area (block) for bidding.
- List of Awardees under OALP Bid Round-I
- Option for Payment of Tender Fee through NEFT/SWIFT transfer and Demand Draft has also been initiated along with the existing Payment Gateway option. Any party facing problem with the Payment Gateway can use these modes of payment.
- Procedure for obtaining Digital Certificate by foreign vendors
- Preferred System Configuration for Ebidding Portal
EoIs can be submitted twice in a year.
- Window-1 - 16th May - 15th November
- Window-2 - 16th November - 15th May